Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Standing Up to what is Right

Orientation is BAD! Never have I seen obsencenity as revealed as here. I think this is just the beginning as I open my eyes to the world.
As all orientation goes, we are divided to 12 groups and each group has to come up with names and cheers. Its even a shame to mention them or to say what they cheer.
Well, my group was 'S.T.D.', no not sexually transmitted disease but Super Tricky Dudes. We had two cheers, a cool one and a really, really lame one. Well our cheer survived the first day and the 'ice-breakers', which was a torture session. Really ashamed to see what other humans can do to another.
Back to my group, the leader was not satisfied with our 'clean' cheer. So, he came up with a cheer using YMCA song. A few guys tipped in here and there... and viola a cheer which was promoting safe sex by encouraging masturbation, condoms and oral sex.
The time came for us to practice. I was really contemplating and made a silent prayer. I observed a Catholic guy, Desmond in my group and he was dead worried. Another 2 were almost ready. Thank God, my specs screw suddenly came loose though I just tighten it two days back. I was screwing it back and the whole group was waiting. Finally done, I spoke up. I didn't plan it, but I know it was the Holy Spirit. Once I spoke, immediately Desmond came and stood by me. Then the 2 other guys came over. I was the only gal there at that time cos the rest went out shopping for props.
Later all of us sat down to discuss the changes. Quietly Desmond thank me for speaking up. I replied that all of us, no matter what domination must stand up for one another.