Friday, October 01, 2004

The New Police Story

Catch the show last Wednesday. I planned to take the train to Subang Jaya. My brother would then pick me and we're off to Summit. What a mistake I made! I thought I could make it at Subang before 4.30pm by leaving my place at 3.15pm. How wrong was I! I arrived Subang KTM station at 4.45. Luckily the traffic was ok. Usually it would be jammed and would take very long to reach there. Thank God I arrived at the cinema 2 minutes before 5pm. The projector wasn't even on, yet. All my rushing for nothing! Enjoyed the previews and advertisement, though.

The show? Well... since I didn't even read anything about it, it started on a very sad note, much to my surprise. Jackie Chan's acting skill in this show was more than just 'kicking butts'. He was quite depressed for the 1 st half of the show. As usual for his shows, there is humour, action and well, minimal love elements. Btw, he kinda look old for his 'girlfriend'.

The plot is an easy one, nothing mind-boggling about. I'm not here to give the synopsis. But anyway, the story is about he and his team investigating a bank robbery by a bunch of X-games fanatics. It eventually led to his 'downfall' and how he went into depression. Then came along a young chap (Nicholas Tze) to bring back his glory days.

And... happy ending.

There are a few holes in the story. For one, it would have been good if the writer developed the character of Nicholas Tze.

Gtg now. Btw, I was following the subtitles throughout the show. My cantonese has not improved since the day I came to KL.

1 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Sueanne Low said...

wah so good you... get to watch show after show. Since I came here, I'm like a katak bawah tempurung...hardly read newspaper, watch movie or lepak... sad, sad... never mind I'll work super hard now and enjoy later...cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home