Friday, May 04, 2007

My 1st taste of clinical school

Well, after enjoying life for 7 weeks in Family Medicine posting, I've moved a step closser to what Tek Jee describes as "hell", one step away from "heaven". The next 7 weeks I'll be in the surigical posting where my group of 9 people will be in & out of the ward, OT, endoscopy room and travelling to Port Dickson.

So far, I've stayed back at the hospital 3 nights to clerk patients, see an appendicectomy, see a patient suffer during a pleural tap, saw a child in A&E with acute gastroenteritis and another with constipation. So far my group is really semangat and working together so that we all benefit together from our self-directed learning..haha..too IMUish.

Anyway, my dissappointment: never even saw a hernia case in the male ward! Had no abnormal organs to palpate either...sigh..must hope for more cases this coming weeks as we have to see an allocated number of different lumps and swellings.

Been busy, but fun! Tired but still motivated.

3 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Joygerm said...

hei juz to let u know I added a link to your blog from mine. Lemme know uf u are ok with ityea...Cheers...

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey joanne! sarah from m1/04 here..
hope u r doing well in seremban!! :)

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Joanne Low said...

sure no prob:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home