Inspiring paediatricians
There's so many inspiring lecturers in paeds....
The most revered, our beloved Prof BNY. I'm inspired to gain knowledge, practise some common sense (which might not be so common), and become a competent doctor. Wished I had longer time to learn from her.
Then there's Dr Ling. His class is always different. Last week he spoke to us about being passionate doctors. Aim to be a good, caring and loving doctor. Of course exams are important, but its not the aim to which i'm suppose to study for.
Today he asked us to write design our tombstone. Hmmm....shocking for some, others, a taboo. But the message he was trying to get across was this: What we want to be remembered as, ie our goal in life, are we living to achieve it? Are we working to pursue only material stuff? He asked us to draw on a piece of paper....
Mine remained blank.
I dunno if it means I dont have a goal in life or I just dont care or I dont search myself enough to know what I want, but its true, I don't want to be buried and have a tombstone.
Rather, I thought I would like to have my organs donated (if I die with brain death), be cremated and then my ashes buried in a garden under a tree that would grow to be a shaddy tree.
I wonder....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home