Blessed New Year
Another moment in life when I'm reminded that time and tide waits for no man. Year 2008 has passed... and though it seems to be another day today, its not. I have to remind myself to change my age, to write '09 instead of '08 and join the world to reflect the events of 2008 while wondering what 2009 has in store.
In our local scence, the political dramas never seem to end. It just gets bad to worse with every man for himself.
Our neighbouring countries..... Malaysia seem like a nice place to be in, in this region (excluding Singapore). Pray Thailand will find its peace and stability soon. I remembered how my family and I were caught in the unrest that affected the whole country. For the other ASEAN countries, may corruption be far from the mind of leaders that the cycle of poverty might be broken and the people might enjoy the land they were born and are going to die in.
Asia will ever seem to be in unrest... Pakistan and India, Afghanistan, Iraq and now again Israel. I wonder, what drives people to make war? Guess its just complicated and its man's fallen nature.
Africa...ah, the forgotten continent.... May God bring healing and restoration.
The world economy. Who is it that controls if not for the powerful and arrogant? It was a gloomy scence in 2008, can this new year bring new cheers?
In the midst of it all, there's a greater power that oversees us all. God has ordained everything to take place at His time. Things may appear gloomy for a moment, but the sky will break for the sunshine. To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under the heavens (Ecc3:1)

1 Comments:
go read Revelations la...hahaha
Post a Comment
<< Home