Thursday, April 27, 2006

Good bye KKB

Yesterday was my last day in KKB hospital for our hospital postings. And it was also the last time I'll ever be in KKB. Kinda a bit sentimental when we were driving out of the hospital compound.

Sem2 was the first time I went there. I remembered at that time how enthuastic all of us were. We would take history from numerous patients, wait at Ward5 for deliveries, crowd the lab and dressing room to observe and annoy the staff and keep ourselves occupied with medical related discussions.

Then came Sem3. Unfortunately, due to the 'good-planning' of some parties in IMU, we had our postings just before our final exam. So, when we were there, we practically studied and revised during most of our free time. But what was memorable for me was, Minoo, Chat Yin and I were the only ones who stayed back for a weekend in KKB. I remembered how we walked to the town for makan, attended a Catholic service on a Sunday before Christmas and watched 3 deliveries in 1 morning. I remembered how also I tried to pluck some rambutans from a tree in front of the nurse hostel when I became to bored with revision ;P

And now, Sem4. My last posting there. I decided to stay in the rented house in Taman Seruling as I've stayed in the hostel for my previous 2 postings. Hah! How much different it was form Sem2. All we did was play, play and play. I limited myself to 1 history taking a day which was compulsory. And after that we would cabut for lunch at 11.30 and return to the hospital for afternoon session at 2pm. Then at night, we played mafia till 1am or later everynight.

To conclude, I have learnt to enjoy life more. Like Dr. Sasi advised us in KKB, we must treasure our college life. When we start working, life would be monotonuos with a smaller circle of frens. Its the memories that we carry to our adulthood while medical knowledge can be gain throughout our lifetime. Its now that we can be a little more care-free and make the most time with our companions and have FUN! haha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home