New Sem...can't believe I'm in Sem5!
wow..2 weeks has passed since I began a new Sem. Really...I'm still in disbelief.
During our CSU sessions, we had to introduce ourselves to the 'patients'. And I'll go like, "Good morning. I'm Joanne, 3rd year medical student....". Can't belief it....3rd year. Time seems to just pass by like a gust of wind...whoosh....and there another year goes.
Musculoskeletal, the system I'm studying now. Lots of anatomy, but thank God its not as much as in the public unis. I wonder if it should be regretful...but like our retired prof said. Its no point teaching so much anatomy when its the first thing doctors will forget the moment they graduate. Moreover, we don't have dissection.
But CSU seesions has been quite interesting. Imagine testing one's movement. At certain times we have to help the patient flex their hip by lifting up the knee. Imagine a pint sized girl helping a muscular guy!
So far, since the sem started, I had no time to rest. The very 1st day, celebrated Uma's birthday. Then that weekend, the church had a varsity camp. I was involved in a way...and as usual, last minute work was on the top of the list! Even till the day of the camp, I was preparing questions for the quizes in the camp. Unfortunately, my right foot didn't permit me to go. So, i stayed back in KL. Thought I could catch up with my studies that I left behind, but my parents came and another afternoon gone. But I treasured the time with them as well as the time for bible study with a friend.
Then on Sun and Mon nights, spent a total of more than 8hours, having dinner with friends in conjunction with a brother's birthday. Speaking of which....how fun is it to plan a friend's birthday and 'kenakan' them. 2 birthdays in 1 week and I 'bullied' both birthday babes. Am I that bad? haha....Anyway I won't be around for them to kenakan me balik cause my birthday falls on Raya break! Yeah....i escaped!
Then CF had National Day celebration on 29th, and I prepared sandwiches. Thanks Minoo for your help! Reflecting how CF celebrated it, I was reminded to be more thoughtful and prayerful for our country. The years in secondary school, National Day brought distress, cause it mean we had to march in the parade around town, rain or shine!!! Then since I came to IMU, I hadn't sang "Negaraku". I'm starting to forget it.
Hmm...thanks for reading my 'thoughts'. haha...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home