A depressing weekend to a fresh week
Last week was one depressing weekend... wondered what made it.
The previous Wednesday was Repro exam. Immediately the following day started Renal system. Before I know it, I was lost in the system. Was so blur during PBL and got annoyed reading the lecturer's anatomy notes! Anyway, went back that weekend to meet up with family and celebrated Father's Day. So didn't study.
Then came last week. Had to do some stuff for the club and got stressed (no reason apparently). Then another round of PBL...made me almost ready to pull every strand of hair out from my head. Then all the confusing renal physiology. Plus Malaysian Studies food fair on Fri. Thurs night the whole group came over to my place and we prepared food and deco stuff for almost 4hours. Studied a while and slept at 3am. That Fri morning, forgot I had an 8am histo class!
Looking back, sounds nothing much, really. I had honestly been busier before. But I didn't know why last week I felt I could hardly keep my head afloat. when Saturday came, I was flat.
Bible reading on Sat and Sun gently reminded me to pray because I had left God out of the picture in that 1 week. Then Sun was Mission's Sunday in church. That night Sueanne called me and shared how God was so real in her life. I told her honestly that mine was low, smacked down, in the pits. So, we talked for 53mins over the phone. Sorry dad ($$)!
After that wonderful conversation, I was uplifted again. I made certain resolutions. (not necessary during New Year only) and .... I'm back on my feet again!
God is always there for all of us. Its only whether we choose to acknowledge His presence or ignore Him. Even today, though I was late for lecture and couldn't pay attention to it, I was at peace because He has given me the assurance that He'll teach me and help me understand. All these while, He has been with me, guiding me and teaching me...but I wasn't really aware of His presence. But since last week, when I had been on my own, I now know, what is it like to be in His embrace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home