back from iPoTs 2007
Professionals of Tomorrow 2007 conference...
i'm so glad that i was able to make it for this conference... 200 students from 3 streams - healthcare, law and education came together for a 5day 'camp' in Gentings.
What I brought back?
Well, my small group Adai-adai consist of 7people including myself.. eventhough we were perfect strangers on the 1st day, we immediately bonded by day2 when we shared with one another during devotion time. It was just so amazing that our love for God binded us together and we encouraged one another to make an impact wherever we will be when we work, especially the teachers-to-be: Cheryl, Jemrin and Adeline.
The themetalks, plenaries, workshops
I was challenged to follow Nehemiah: servanthood, competency and integrity. My pledge now
1) to serve in the civil service, though I had some struggles to promise this
2) to serve the patients I meet in the wards
3) to learn and be the best I can so I can provide quality service to others
4) stand firm on my values and principles amongst corruption, dishonesty etc
Besides these
1) how great is our Great God?
I'm challenged to not make my God too human... this includes trusting Him to be my provider... trusting Him enough to know I can overcome trials through Him
2) how much do I know God's heart?
will I be like Nehemiah who was able to put his comfortable job aside to 'balik kampung' because he was convicted by the need to do something for his nation?
The 'Missing in Action' sessions
1) we saw how our nation had 'progressed' in the last 50years. we saw how the discrimination among races has become more real. we realized how East Malaysia has been neglected...
we were given a chance to express our dissatisfaction with our country... and after all was said, we were left to reflect in grafitti on a wall. To sum it all, we felt the need to love one another all the more... ironically eh?
2) we saw the product of 50years of Islamization in Malaysia. We saw how many Christians migrated out and how many are there in the government service... Christians making an impact? nah..how can it be, when all we do is flee?
3) broken homes... am i present in reconciliation?
The conference closed by the FES staff challenging us to receive the 'baton' from the previous generation and begin running the marathon... I'm remembered of Heb12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us
I was challenged to follow Nehemiah: servanthood, competency and integrity. My pledge now
1) to serve in the civil service, though I had some struggles to promise this
2) to serve the patients I meet in the wards
3) to learn and be the best I can so I can provide quality service to others
4) stand firm on my values and principles amongst corruption, dishonesty etc
Besides these
1) how great is our Great God?
I'm challenged to not make my God too human... this includes trusting Him to be my provider... trusting Him enough to know I can overcome trials through Him
2) how much do I know God's heart?
will I be like Nehemiah who was able to put his comfortable job aside to 'balik kampung' because he was convicted by the need to do something for his nation?
The 'Missing in Action' sessions
1) we saw how our nation had 'progressed' in the last 50years. we saw how the discrimination among races has become more real. we realized how East Malaysia has been neglected...
we were given a chance to express our dissatisfaction with our country... and after all was said, we were left to reflect in grafitti on a wall. To sum it all, we felt the need to love one another all the more... ironically eh?
2) we saw the product of 50years of Islamization in Malaysia. We saw how many Christians migrated out and how many are there in the government service... Christians making an impact? nah..how can it be, when all we do is flee?
3) broken homes... am i present in reconciliation?
The conference closed by the FES staff challenging us to receive the 'baton' from the previous generation and begin running the marathon... I'm remembered of Heb12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home