Misdiagnosed
Today was my internal med clinical exam... reported to Dr James Koh together with Zarul and Kealynn.. and was given almost 2hours to prepare as he did his ward round which covered the whole ward 7B.
Funny that he purposely took 2 new admissions for Kealynn and I. My patient was admitted the previous midnight! No point going to the ward the previous evening:(
Anyway.. so I approach my patient... He didn't seem enthu to talk to me so I had to practically dig up the whole history.. luckily he was ok tat I examined him, unlike Raj's patient who was reluctant! haha..exam la..mana boleh tak examine...
So my patient had RHC pain...and immediately I went arr??? I didn't even prepare to revise GI or liver diseases!! went to the ward yesterday and saw all CVS, CRF...bla bla..
anyway..nevermind...just continued...reminded myself that this was MEDICAL ward, so its forgivable to ommit the SURGICAL cases...haha..these 2 fields are totally opposite..the respective doctors always saling mengutuk the other practice:P
After 45 minutes my patient also began to be restless and I was like dunno wat else to proceed..so wait la...
Then at 10.45 James Koh began to assess Zarul...while Kealynnn and myself observed.
Then Kealynn..funny how in between he excused himself to go to the mens...
And by the time reach me, I wondered if he would listen...
Anyway, after asking my provisional diagnosis, he showed me the patients FBC... alamak!! totally off la my diagnosis...anyway, I half managed to answer some of his questions, which by then I was blur...more like shocked and lost cause not only I didnt revise liver disease, I didnt revise hemato diseases....hmmm..but a bit of common sense and God's wisdom... Kealynn later said it was ok la...
Final diagnosis? TRO hemato malignancy.
So, another exam down...an interesting (and relaxing) one...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home