Thursday, December 20, 2007

My 2007 Christmas

My first year celebrating Christmas in clinical school... and I do hope that I will never forget this year's Christmas..

Thanks to the current Sem 9 - Liang, Ken, Peter, Joy, Chiew Yee, Dawson, Collin, CK, Jeremy, Premila, etc... Sem 8- Shirley, Erin, Ben... Sem 6 - Jonitha, Karen, Boon Jien, Joan and Shiau Yng.. and my batchmates - Minoo, Hai Liang, Zhi Yong, Ching Munn, Ernest and Tek Jee...we were able to celebrate Christmas publicly in IMU. Also thanks to our dearest doctors - Dr Lee ML and dr Choo WS.

I learnt so much from the whole thing, right from planning, preparing and executing it. There was unity in the whole thing, and I learnt more importantly how when we rely on God, He'll just bring it all together. I was in my obstetric posting, and time management was really an issue... not to mention my energy level. But I praise God that as much time we set apart to go His work, He'll return it back with double, if not triple. My limited study time became very useful and He granted me wisdom to understand and remember what I learnt. And for exams.. thank God for His grace, as I passed:) Besides that, I realized that doing all these work and achieving targets is not the whole point.. Its the process. Many of us were in our final exams year, and many struggled.. and we learnt that we are not alone, and that we can bear one another's burden. That's when brotherly and sisterly love is proven..

And we made 2 trips for carolling.. one for children minstry in Lukut and another an old folks in Sikamat. It was such a joy to see what cheer and hope we can bring to other people in this season. Many associate Christmas with unrealistic hopes and children fantasies, and it makes noo sense to the 'real' world. But I was reminded even Jesus came to earth as a rejected man but to save mankind. So, why not bring the real message to the 'real' world? Its about hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home