Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Stressed Out

Well, exam's over! I can't believe it. So much has happened in the last few days.

To begin with, I have to admit that I was almost overcame by stress. Almost. Thank God for His strength. I really feared the worst as some of you know what happened when I'm engulfed in stress...

From all the head knowledge I learnt... stress... is when a person perceives a descrepancy between the demands of the situation and the person's biopsychosocial resources. So what?! Knowing this made me wonder whether I really was going through stress... I say I didn't, because I didn't feel like I was... but that's what all people say when they are not in a healthy mental state...

Yesterday, after my 1st SAQ paper, went home and study...some more... Tried but more like reading blank words. Had headache, tried to sleep, couldn't. Then I was really worried about my paper because I thought I wasn't prepared enough. Then gotta keep assuring my roomate because she was also stressed. Was really mentally drainning.Night came....

Went to bed at 12.30 pm cause had to wake up by 7am for 8.30 paper. Turned and tosssed till 1. By then I know I couldn't sleep. Had this sleeping problem the last week. Feel extremely tired but just cannot sleep. Tried my usual routine. Meditate the Word. Still couldn't. Finally, I almost cried. Thought of my sister who would always be there for me during this type of times. Thought of my parents. Suddenly I really felt I missed my family.

Then came my roomate. What she did? She offered me flu medicine. Admitted that's what she does. I didn't feel it right, so I rejected. I was almost on the verge of a mental collapse by that time, as soooo much was going through my head. So, I decided to pen it down, pray and read the Bible. I did feel calmer but still couldn't sleep. Drank a cup of Milo and finally requested for the medicine. Tak jadi pun after 1 hour. Was finally prepared to stay awake till the next morning without studying.

Cut the whole thing, I finally went to bed pass 2.30am. Said my final prayers and sailed into dreamland not so long afterwards. Only to wake up before my alarm!

Hopefully this is not a sign of long-term stress or insomnia. I hope it was just excitment to end the semester. I'll know the truth tonight.... For now celebrate!

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Sueanne Low said...

Jo jo... you make me very sad you know... but hope all is well. Do enjoy your holidays and take care of yourself especially during exams as I can't be there all the time you know. Miss you so much too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home