Poem for Art Competition
IMU Art competition is around the corner! 2 has passed since I came to IMU, yet I never participated in it. This year, I decided to give it a shot. Its has been quite a while since I tapped into my creative side...haha...syok sendiri pulak... But seriously, studying medicine makes one analytical and thoughtful, but we need to express ourselves too.
Anyway, my dear friend Minoo asked me to check out her own poetry... Was superb! Really reflections, as the theme of this year's competition. I went back that day (Wednesday) waiting for an inspiration to write one myself....
At midnight, got bored of studying and I began thinking.... Wah...I ended up spending 90mins composing it and viola.... a 5-stanza poem! haha...my housemate was shocked to see me 'studying' nearly till 2am!
Here it goes...remember, poetry doesn't necessary reflect the writer's life, though she/he may have gotten the inspiration from a real-life event ;)
Sweet Words,
How easy are these to come by today
Many can a man utter in a day
But how much does he mean what he says?
Promises,
Made yesterday, to be kept
Utterly meant from the heart
But today, broken too abrupt.
For him though...
How short of words has he!
Too hard the truth to admit, is it?Or for fear to be ridiculed is he?
Yet for her...
She speaks only as she ought
No mention of the man she hopes
A lady waits, so she thought
Love,
How beautiful to those who possess it!
But bitter the pill to those who loose it
More wrenching the heart of those who miss it

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home