Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Selah Weekend

Taking a break from my exam's preparation with a day camp with fellow CFers was really needed. Many thanks to David and Lian Chui for coordinating it, and my brothers and sisters who attended it - CK, Peter, Minoo and Shirley... small group, but really good fellowship.

'Selah' means to break, used in the book of psalms when the writter starts a new stanza. Well, it was organized especially near exams for students to take time off, reflect our lives and listen what God has to say (which we may deliberately shut off). I took 2hours to do a puzzle :) while reflecting... didnt finish within 2hours, but someone continued on for me... the end product:P

We took time to read some bible verses about God's promises and I was reminded of God's promises to me.. also took time to understand a little but more of Him through his word - and I realized how easily I forget my Creator and best Friend in my buzyness.

We closed by writing a covenant, and I hope to see myself fulfilling it as I face my exam and continue on this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home