Thursday, October 19, 2006

BGR triple dose

This week has been ONE week. Its so weird...

On Saturday, as usual, my mom called me and we chat a while. After wrapping up, she asked me - So have you a boyfriend already?

Then on Monday our church CG, our dear leader shared about relationships....

As if I haven't enough, it so happened that yesterday's CF we invited a speaker to share about relationships.

Arrgghhh!!!! Why am I so 'malang' to be bombarded 3 times in 5 days????

but after yesterday's sharing by Shirley from Acts Church, I realized God had to make something clear to me...

My mom, after her question which was followed by a deep sigh and whining ;) from me, she gave me this verse: Phi 4:7 Do not be anxious about anything

Then on Monday, my CG leader shared about patience. That day's meeting close with a sister sharing the verse : Psalm23:1 The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want... (In other translation, I shall not be in want or I have everything I need)

Yesterday's sharing was awesome. Shirley started of with Psalm139:13-14 Can't remember the exact words, but its about God forming us and made us. He designed us so that we are wonderfully and fearfully made. God loved us so much that He has made us complete. We are not beings on earth looking for our 'other half' because we are made complete adn whole by God and in God.

Another verse Phi3:20 which I put in my blog before... He is able to do more than we can ever dare to ask or dream/hope of. So she challenged us to ask God and pray for our life partner. And don't settle for 2nd best, because God can give the best!

After CF, went to share with Minoo for she missed the sharing. Happened that Kugan and Uma were there too. So managed to share with them something.... After that, we started talking about singlehood...haha, I laughed at the thought of pouring our hearts out.

For me personally, its not so much about asking God for one now.... but to find fulfillment of my acceptance in God. Being single doesn't mean that we are not, 'bo lang ai' (Hokkien for nobody wants). I remembered praying when I was younger for my first taste of relationship to be the one that last till eternity. If not, what's wrong being single?

Cheers to singlehood! I'm really enjoying my friendships as I have no strings attached ;)

1 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh NO Jo, your mom sound like my mom nowdays. It's weird that it sorts of bothers them that we are still single. I wasn't so affected of this till she actually brought it up....and everyone around me is pressuring me to find my match. sigh!

anyways, i totally agree that God would make sure we wud end up with the best one He has ordained for us. Till he appears, hopefully noone rubs more salt to that sore patch , ouch hehehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home